Boutonnieres - a simple, but big decision!

I have been missing for a long while!!!! :) I am pregnant!!!! So the beginning of pregnancy I hibernated on my couch!!! :) The wedding season is back in swing so I am excited to catch up on many recent wedding posts!! One post I do want to place on here is to help brides with their decision on boutonnieres! If you do want them for the wedding, I can help you with narrowing down a great choice! If you do not want them, I think that is a great choice also!!! You will see why!

A boutonniere has to be simple and not overpowering, or else it just looks silly on a guy's attire!
Here are some great examples to help you find what you like.
 (Disclaimer! The photos in this post are purely inspirational and not from events that Posy Floral Designs has created or coordinated.  We can re-create what you see below for your event but these are not a part of our work. They are for Seasonal Ideas and Inspiration!)


Calla Lilies hold up great! They are a favorite of mine. They are a bit more expensive but are worth it.
Here are some examples:



Here are example of boutonnieres with a little foilage/greenery:
(You can click on them for a closer up view)



                      


 These are regular size roses. It does look nice, but I like to use the sweetheart or spray roses as you will see for a delicate look and not so overpowering.


 Sweetheart or spray rose examples:



Mums are a great choice and very affordable:
(They come in additional colors also)




 Examples of a  more textured, vintage look:

 




No boutonnieres?

Here is a great example of a wedding I did where the guys just had pocket squares and no boutonnieres! I thought it looked very sharp! So do not feel you have to have them! The Groom did have one, and the guys did not. So, it is totally up to you!


Here is another wedding I did without boutonnieres. I think that adding a boutonniere to these guys would have been too much color. It looks great the way it is!


Here is another photo I found showing just a pop of color in the pocket square!

Comments

Popular Posts